Supply Chain Management
Moving right along
With seamless co-ordination and integration of your product, information and finance flows, you’ll not only keep track of your supply chain as it stands, you’ll be able to forecast where it’s
going in the future.
Automate supplier priorities, lead times and inventory targets to make sure your supply always matches your demand.
Keep tabs on your sales and despatch processes with a state-of-the-art wireless, paperless scanning system.
Optimise your supply chain planning with accurate, real-time inventory management and analysis, and see
into your future demand.
And ensure optimum efficiency with an extended warehouse and inventory management system that affords automatic allocation of incoming goods to locations, efficient picking, automatic replenishment, despatch confirmation and location control of warehouse stock.
- Distribution Requirements Planning
- Pronto Xi Distribution Requirements Planning allows you to set up and maintain a truly integrated supply chain.
At the warehouse level, you can plan the flow of goods across even the most complex network of satellite, branch
and central locations. Demand from customer orders can be aggregated back to a central distribution centre for replenishment, based on a number of user-defined criteria.
As well as planning for the physical distribution of goods or materials between warehouses, Pronto Xi
Distribution Requirements Planning (DRP) can also plan for their production and/or acquisition.
For example, you can use the output from DRP to:
- Plan at the factory level through Master Production Scheduling (MPS) and Materials Requirements Planning (MRP)
- Automatically generate purchase orders
- Create warehouse transfer orders to facilitate replenishment
- Radio Frequency
- Transform your warehouse into a paperless environment with Pronto Xi Radio frequency. By replacing paper-based processes, you can lower administration costs, eliminate errors in standard activities such as picking, and streamline the information flow within your system.
Pronto Xi Radio Frequency (RF) allows you to electronically transmit orders from your Pronto Xi Sales Order system to your operator’s handheld or vehicle mounted terminals. It also includes options to automate a range of business processes, including:
- Incoming goods receipts of purchase orders, work orders, stock transfers, etc.
- Inventory transfers, both inter- and intra-warehouse*
- Order despatch
- Stock and location enquiries*
More efficient order picking
A picker can either pick from a pool, which is a holding area for released orders waiting to be picked up, or from an assigned list. Multiple order picking and packing pools can be created and ranked by priority.
If the top priority pool is empty, Pronto Xi RF will automatically scan the next pool in the range. The picker is guided around the warehouse using intelligent pick-path information.*
Tailored to suit your business
By integrating Pronto Xi RF with other Pronto Xi modules (such as Inventory, Scanpack and Warehouse Management System), it can be easily tailored to your businesses specific needs. Tasks ranging from stocktaking to more advanced automation such as picking, putaway and replenishment, are all facilitated with fully configurable RF menus.
For example, in a large warehouse operation, staff can be dedicated to stock putaway and replenishment tasks, while others are picking and packing orders. The configurable RF menu functionality gives the appropriate interface to each user.
*Only available with Pronto Xi WMS
- Warehouse Management System
- Pronto Xi Warehouse Management System maximises warehouse throughput and customer service levels by intelligently controlling movements of inventory into, around and out of the warehouse.
Among its many functions, Pronto Xi Warehouse Management System (WMS) facilitates:
- Multiple bin locations per item
- Flexible three-dimensional (3D) warehouse layouts
- User-defined location types
- Unit, carton and pallet storage
- Efficient picking location selections
- Optimised picking paths
- Intelligent top-up, replenishment, and putaway routines
- Storage zones
The WMS module is fully integrated with other Pronto Xi modules, including Inventory, Purchase Orders, Sales Orders, Scanpack, RF and Manufacturing.
- Pronto Xi EasyEDI is a collaboration tool that facilitates the electronic exchange of information and trade with suppliers, partners and customers.
With a clear and comprehensive Pronto Xi data structure, along with a standard file format and integrated import/export mechanism, EasyEDI allows you and your partners to effortlessly connect via a Value Added Network (VAN).
Have the flexibility and connectivity to extend and leverage your supply chain with customers and suppliers to achieve a common goal, as well as realise new operational capabilities.
- A fully auditable order trail
- Reduced transaction costs
- An easy-to-maintain system
- Increased visibility
- Reduced manual intervention
You can choose the VAN that delivers the most cost-effective solution for your business because Pronto Xi has specified standard format files that can be translated by virtually any VAN into an appropriate format and routed to your trading partner.
For example, a Pronto Xi file can be converted by the VAN into any standard requested by the customer, including ANSI X12, EDIFACT, OBI, OCI and XML schemas, and vice versa.
Documents supported by EasyEDI include:
- Purchase Order (PO) incoming and outgoing
- Purchase Order Acknowledgement (POA) outgoing
- Purchase Order Change (POC) incoming
- Advanced Shipping Notice (ASN) incoming and outgoing
- Invoice incoming and outgoing
- Forecasting & Catalogue
Pronto Xi Advanced Forecasting
Pronto Xi Advanced Forecasting optimises your inventory management by providing an accurate means of predicting future demand for your products.
A number of different factors can be considered for your forecasts. Using this data, trends and seasonal fluctuations are identified and tracked.
Appropriate smoothing factors are also applied based on a ‘best fit’ method of forecasting, with algorithms including Triple Exponential Smoothing (Winter’s Method) and Moving Averaging.
With triple exponential smoothing, past observations are given exponentially smaller weights as the observations get older. This method provides better forecasts when there are expected or known seasonal variations in the data.
- Pronto Xi Advanced Forecasting offers:
- Graphical displays
- Exception handling
- Analysis filtering
- Steady, seasonal demand, averaging and trends
Pronto Xi Catalogue
Pronto Xi Catalogue holds thousands of catalogue items that may or may not reside as inventory items in Pronto Xi Inventory.
Items can be stored as formatted or unformatted text and can be cross-referenced to other Pronto Xi objects.
This allows searching via inventory enquiries with the option of dynamically creating them as normal inventory master records.
Each catalogue item can hold virtually unlimited information, including technical product specifications, supplier or manufacturer information, prices and part numbers.
Pronto Xi Catalogue supports the creation of supplier contracts linked to multiple catalogue items. Once the contract is activated, the agreed prices and contract numbers are written back to the individual companies and the agreed supplier can be given priority one status. Expiry dates can be set for each supplier contract and reports are available to assist the review of existing and potential contracts and their details.